Software & Technology SIG
Hosted by Leslie Lingle at MedAssets
LinkedIn - What's all the fuss about? How can it help me if I'm not in a job search?
Everyone knows that LinkedIn is a fabulous tool for job seekers, but what can it do for other professionals? People who are already settled into a training and development career?
Join us to find out why and how you should be using LinkedIn... as we share live demos and practical applications that can be used by any professional. A few tidbits that might interest you...
- LinkedIn is the world's largest professional networking site, growing at a rate of 2 users per second
- Within 10 miles of where the Doubletree hotel where Dallas ASTD used to host meetings regularly, there are over 450,000 registered professionals
- The Dallas ASTD LinkedIn Group has over 900 members, and the ASTD National group has over 72,000 members
Wouldn't you like to learn from others who have real world experience in year profession?!? For instance, maybe you...
- Want to tap into someone who has experience with Articulate or Captivate?
- Would like top find other trainers who live/work close to you? Perhaps invite them for coffee and brainstorming?
- Want to ask someone about how to migrate from classroom to web-based training?
- Have other questions related to your position in the training and development world?
Michele Newhouse, who has facilitated over 100 LinkedIn training sessions, will lead our discussions. Come and learn how to leverage LinkedIn for building mutually beneficial relationships with other training and development professionals!
*There is a cafeteria in the building and also a PotBelly Sandwich shop one block away.
All members of Dallas ASTD are welcome to attend any SIG at any time. All non-members please feel free to join us for up to 2 sessions at a SIG. After 2 sessions, to provide ongoing chapter support to the SIG, you will be expected to join Dallas ASTD by paying the annual dues of $115.
Questions? If you have any questions please contact the Dallas ASTD office at 972-233-9107 ex224 or email email@example.com.