Company: City of Garland
Develop and champion employee engagement strategies and initiatives to promote a workplace culture of appreciation and advancement through use of the City’s internal communication media reflecting the purpose, values, vision and mission of the City. Create concepts and experiences that represent the City’s commitment to employees and citizens and create emotional connection and business impact. Responsible for working with City leadership to identify, develop, and anticipate current and future learning/development strategies to ensure the City is positioned to retain and build inspiring service-focused leadership and to develop and engage a diverse workforce.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1.Organize, plan and prioritize the organization’s internal communication strategy to maintain a positive internal image, as well as aid in shaping the desired culture.
2.Develop priorities and key initiatives to promote service excellence, employee development and engagement. Establish key messages for organizational activities and engagement initiatives.
3.Plan, research and develop employee recognition strategies for departmental and City-wide employee recognition programs.
4.Conduct surveys, create focus groups in order to track employee engagement. Identify employee issues and concerns, as well as develop potential areas of improvement
5.Research and analyze collected data to align the underlying principles, reasons or facts into more concise business acumen to promote understanding and inclusion.
6.Oversee the administration and operations for Employee Appreciation activities and events. Coordinate and facilitate the events including the development of budget, themes, concepts and marketing objectives for each activity.
7.Research and determine the most effective sources for training delivery: in-house, external vendors, video, web-based, etc. Develop, administer and oversee employee training curriculum and subject matter for other developmental programs.
8.Strategically collaborate with manager/directors to identify departmental training needs both technical and soft skills. Complete training assessments, as needed, to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals set by City management.
9.Oversee the annual operating budget; analyze revenue projections and monitor division’s expenditures.
10.Work with Senior Management to develop strategies and demonstrable links between engagement and organizational strategic goals.
11.Manage employee engagement strategies/initiatives through the City’s internal SharePoint communication website (COGnet), as well as the internal collaborative site (COGworks).
12.Maintain employee learning and development database as well as evaluation and department-focused training requirements and compile reports as requested to monitor participation and effectiveness.
13.Manage staff performance, assess training needs and develop improvements to workflow and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resource management, or related business discipline
- 5 or more years of progressive experience in learning and development, including needs assessment, presentations and delivery using a variety of media and/or leading organization(s) through changes such as cultural transformation; considerable knowledge of professional learning and development methodologies and application to all employee levels
- 2 or more years of professional experience in employee engagement initiatives
- 2 or more years of managerial experience
Or equivalent professional experience may be considered for substitution for the required degree on an exception basis
- Master’s degree in business administration, human resource management, or related field
- 7-10 years of experience in learning and development i.e., leading organization(s) through changes such as cultural transformation; considerable knowledge of learning and development methodologies and application to all employee levels.
- 2-4 years of professional experience in developing and implementing employee engagement initiatives
- SPHR and/or IPMA-HR certification, a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to leverage prior experience and adapt quickly to the changing work environment
- Excellent facilitation, project management, writing, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated competence in organizational change, strategies, analysis and professional relationship building
- Dynamic skills in public speaking and ability to effectively present to key stakeholders
- Advanced software skills including Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word and Adobe Programs
- Advanced skills with online learning management systems and course creation software
- Capable and agile to understand and create continuous learning at all levels
- Ability to promote or influence others – convincing others to buy into ideas or concepts or to otherwise change their minds or actions
- Ability to interact and establish positive working relationships with employees at all levels
- Ability to manage employees’ activities and performance in multiple functions
- Ability to establish and manage goals and objective for work units
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid Class C Texas Driver’s License
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
The incumbent works in a typical office environment; relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards.
Apply online at: https://external-garland.icims.com/jobs/5024/workforce-engagement-%26-development-administrator/job