Company: Stanley Black and Decker
The Regional Operations Trainer is responsible for the delivery of high-quality training aligned with Stanley Black & Decker’s business needs and objectives. This includes facilitating learner-centered training programs that develop team member skills and communicate organizational practices and work standards. This individual will be responsible for developing manufacturing, distribution and supply chain employees, and collaborates with learning & development colleagues to implement effective training programs that enhance workforce performance.
FLSA Status: Exempt Job Status: Full Time
Work Schedule: TBD Reports to: Learning & Development Manager
Amount of Travel Required: 15% Positions Supervised: None
(English and Spanish “Bilingual” for Dallas Location)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific job tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Facilitate learning via, classroom instruction and webinars; incorporate a variety of presentation methods and applications to accommodate adult learning styles
- Deliver organizational training programs; provide creative, effective classroom and web based instruction throughout the organization
- Manage classroom environment, analyze results and identify gaps in training needs
- Regularly plan and hold coaching and feedback sessions with employees
- Coordinate/facilitate disciplinary action effectively, as needed
- Develop leader and participant guides, job aids, training curriculum and other required coursework that is clear, concise and accurate
- Conduct comprehensive needs analysis to ensure that training fulfills the needs and objectives of the organization
- Design exercises, instructional activities and training assessments that reinforce learning
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to create and revise departmental procedures through process mapping
- Support organizational initiatives and identity ways to enhance training effectiveness
- Contribute to the overall success of L&D by identifying ways to continuously improve the learning process
- Provide consistent reporting and measures of results around all L&D strategies.
- Exemplify the identified Leadership Qualities of the Stanley Black & Decker.
- Frequent interaction with executive management, as well as with operational management in the US.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong written and verbal English grammar, spelling, punctuation, usage and pronunciation (English and Spanish “Bilingual” for Dallas Location)
- Demonstrated knowledge & application of adult learning principles
- Ability to develop workflows and business procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills in both client interactions and team interactions and a willingness to interact with clients on a regular basis
- Microsoft Word: basic text formatting functions, tables, bullets and numbering, hanging indents, inserting graphics, tracking changes, accepting comments and changes.
- Microsoft PowerPoint: basic text formatting, tables, master layouts, text and title placeholders, entering slide notes; ability to use graphic design features to create screen layouts
- Microsoft Outlook (or similar) email & calendaring: send, receive, and file email; create & accept calendar appointments & invitations
- Ability to maintain and access files in an organized fashion on both local hard drive & network drive
- Formal training in instructional design and/or adult learning
- Experience developing and conducting instructor-led training, either live or via webcast
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Training - Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Creative - Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or university)
Experience: Two to four years related experience
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
- Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth
- Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
- Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
- Integrity & Accountability – Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.