Would you or someone you know like to speak for ATD Dallas?
Current Speaking Needs/ Topics Members are Interested In:
- Talent Assessment: applying a systematic approach for implementing individual and organizational assessments that support the facilitation of the career development planning process and succession planning efforts.
- Succession Planning: applying a systematic approach for identifying and developing employees with the potential to fill key business leadership positions in the company.
- Leadership Development: applying a systematic approach to educate, grow and enrich the skills, mindsets and knowledge of existing and emerging leaders.
- Coaching: applying a systematic approach to improve others’ ability to set goals, take action and maximize strengths.
- Talent Mobility: applying a systematic approach for facilitating career transitions that support engagement and retention efforts.
- Performance Improvement: applying a systematic approach for analyzing human performance gaps and closing them.
- Change Management: applying a systematic approach to shift individuals, teams and organizations from a current state to a desired state.
- Diversity and Inclusion: a systematic approach to creating a workplace environment and organizational culture with practices that encourage growth and development, learning from others and capturing the advantage of diverse perspectives.
Innovative Learning Solutions
- Learning Technology: applying new technology or using technology in an innovative way to address specific learning needs.
- Design and Delivery: designing and delivering formal and informal blended learning solutions using a variety of methods so the training is both engaging and effective.
- Knowledge Management: capturing, distributing, and archiving intellectual capital to encourage knowledge-sharing and collaboration.
Managing Learning Programs and Teams
- Strategic Planning: an approach of defining an organization’s (or a subset of the organization’s) strategy, making decisions on allocating its resources to pursue this strategy, and guiding the implementation of the strategy. This can include how talent strategy aligns with and/or enables organizational strategy.
- Evaluating Learning Impact: using metrics and analytics to measure the value of workplace learning and talent development solutions to the organization.
About our Audience
ATD Dallas is comprised of a wide range of training professionals. Members include Trainers, Training Managers and Directors, Instructional Designers, HR professionals, Leadership and Organizational Development Professionals as well as Chief Learning Officers and consultants. We average 40 to 80 participants per meeting with attendance from large and small corporations from a vast array of industries.
About our Meetings
Chapter meetings are held on the third Tuesday of every month except in November and December. Meetings are primarily dinner events; however, include lunch meetings periodically throughout the year. SIGs (Special Interest Groups) meet over lunch.
About our Speakers
Speakers should be dynamic, experienced, engaging and interactive. Many speakers have been authors, other training professionals, industry experts.
About our Topics
Speakers with a specific focus in training related topics, emerging training technologies or best practices do well with our audience. We look for a diverse range of topics throughout the year to include fundamental training topics, personal development or a broad range of training skills.
About our Presentation Opportunities
We offer several opportunities throughout the year to speak with our audience. We have approximately 8-10 chapter meetings annually as well as the Southwest Learning Summit in August. Speakers are also selected for workshops, webinars, personal development and other special events.
About our Process
Speakers for chapter meetings are selected in November for the following year by the Programs Committee. Committee members review all RFP's and select speakers and topics that best fit our audience. The committee then forwards all requests with additional resources to the Professional Development Committee as well as the Southwest Learning Summit Committee, where more than 12 additional speakers may be determined.
Submitting a Request