ATD Dallas March Career Development SIG
Hosted by Laurie Barnett
March 27, 2023 / 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Facilitator: Mike Cardus
Many in the talent development world are familiar with SWOT – strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. SWOT has a long-standing approach to personal and talent development. SWOT has many benefits. A concern of SWOT is the problem-focused nature that leaves people with a greater focus on weaknesses and threats.
For a more solution-focused lens on talent development, the NOISE analysis shares a way for you to:
1. Identify Strengths
2. Recognize Needs
3. Seek and discuss Opportunities
4. Plan Improvements
5. And recognize Exceptions (what is already working well to amplify and what is not working well to dampen)
Through NOISE, teams and individuals can frame what is working well, how they see the needs and opportunities, and identify areas that they are already doing that need a greater or lesser focus.
Working with you in this interactive discussion, we will:
- Identify how to set conditions of psychological safety when having talent development discussions with employees, teams, or large departments
- Using the NOISE analysis template, collect and gather your areas of strengths and needs
- Discuss applications for use and application within organizations
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Mike is an experienced managerial-leadership and organization development practitioner with over 15 years of expertise. He specializes in maturing organizations through evidence-based practices that promote long-term sustainability and increased value for stakeholders and customers. Mike’s track record includes a history of achieving double-digit percentage gains in engagement, satisfaction, retention, and work quality through targeted interventions that foster trust, unified cultures, and high-performance teams. He is an expert in using complexity-thinking, human-centered design, and people strategies to align cultures and values, spur positive change, optimize the human experience, promote collaborative problem-solving, and drive ongoing learning and career development... Learn more about Mike.
When: March 27, 2023 6:30 - 8PM
6:20 pm – Zoom opens
6:30 pm – Welcome & Announcements
6:45 pm – Program Begins
8:00 pm – Meeting Concludes
Questions? Contact 972-233-9107 ext. 224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Note Regarding Special Interest Groups
- All members of ATD Dallas are welcome to attend our Special Interest Groups at any time.
- All non-members are welcome to join us for up to 2 SIG sessions. After those 2 sessions, to provide ongoing chapter support to the SIG, you will need to join ATD Dallas by paying annual dues.