ATD (Association of Talent Development) Dallas Presents:
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Click below to view a 2-minute video!
When: May 8, 11 & 15, 2017 6:30-8:00PM (CST)
Location: Virtual Webinar
All sessions will be recorded and made available to registrants
Only $195.00 for all three sessions and recordings
Story design is a comprehensive approach to instructional design from analysis to delivery. It’s incredibly practical, efficient and, most of all, effective!
Learning professionals seek to affect behaviors through their training, but often one of the most powerful tools to changing behavior—story—is ignored…or tacked on superficially. Crafting an embedded, powerful story that concretely connects to learning can be elusive. Join ATD Dallas and Rance Greene for this live 3-session online workshop and sharpen your abilities to discover, design and deliver stories that connect with and move your audience.
Rance will demonstrate stories for learning and you will gain the skills to design and develop stories for your own company/clients. In-session practice and short assignments will give you the opportunity to begin implementing story design quickly and learn from fellow-participants. Job aids and resources will cement what you’ve learned in the sessions and boost your confidence to start story designing right away. Get ready for instructional design training like you’ve never experienced before!
Session 1 - Discover
- Use a simple analysis process to mine for stories that support business outcomes
- Create an action list and an audience profile
- Present a strong case for stories in training and communications
Session 2 - Design
- Move seamlessly from analysis to design using case studies, story premises and metaphors
- Craft stories with relatable characters and strong conflict that concretely connect to behavior change
Session 3 - Deliver
- Develop stories using creative delivery methods
- Get started with some simple steps towards moving stories center stage in your training and communications
Presenter:Rance Greene is a designer of training and communications for Health Care Service Corporation. His signature story-telling techniques have won awards from The eLearning Guild, ATD Dallas, Health Ethics Trust and even a Telly Award. Rance was named a 2016 Emerging Training Leader by Training Magazine. His sessions combine interactivity with inspiration and brass tacks practicality. To learn more about his approach to storytelling, visit www.needastory.com.