April 26, 2021 6:30-8:00pm
Hosted by: Laurie Barnett
If you are a teacher considering looking for the next chapter in your professional career, but perhaps would like a little more information on the options available to you, then this is the webinar for you! Join us for an exploratory webinar where you will:
- Learn a little about Sara Stevick and her life after teaching
- Create a prioritized list of interests related to teaching, which we will then use to explore which interests would pair well with different L&D roles
- Learn general overviews of a few different L&D roles, average national salaries, and some available resources to begin the switch, leading to a more in-depth exploration of Instructional Design in particular
- Identify skills you currently use in your teaching role and learn how they translate into corporate Instructional Design skills
- Learn about a few different paths you could pursue if you wanted to get into Instructional Design, free and paid (please note: we neither encourage nor discourage the purchase of any of any paid resource, but rather encourage thorough research and vetting to decide what path best fits your needs)
- Discuss some of the challenges teachers face when considering transitioning out of teaching and some strategies for pushing through them
- Get a TON of great, FREE resources!
Our SIG format focuses on networking with others, particularly those in job search, about relevant topics.
- Arrive up to 15 minutes early to enjoy “small talk.”
- Be webcam-ready to network and participate in the discussion.
- Have a piece of paper and a pen at the ready for some activities!
Sara Stevick is a former teacher of nine years, who transitioned into corporate instructional design in July 2020. Like many teachers thinking about their next steps, she came face-to-face with the challenges of trying to navigate the corporate job application landscape and breaking out of the "just a teacher" mindset. With no financial capacity to pursue a formal program, Sara carved her own path through thorough research, self-learning, and a lot of trial and error.
Today, Sara aims to build a community and comprehensive resource library through her volunteer initiative, Teaching: A Path to L&D (TPLD), to support other teachers in their pursuit of life after teaching. With the support of an amazing group of volunteers, TPLD offers webinars and workshops, 1:1 mentoring on resume and portfolio skills, and a compilation of identified existing resources.... all for free! You can learn more at www.teachlearndev.org.
When: April 26, 2021 6:30 - 8PM
1. Use the Zoom app on your mobile phone, connected to a 4G network for the best possible experience. Or use a computer or tablet connected to WiFi, making sure you have a stable connection with good bandwidth for a streaming video/audio connection.
2. If you plan to use a computer for the video AND a phone for the audio, make sure you mute the audio features on one of your devices to avoid disruptive audio feedback/noise.
3. Come prepared to join in the discussion!
Come and network with your fellow ATD members and colleagues. We look forward to being together (in a remote way!)
Questions? Contact 972-233-9107 ext. 224 or email email@example.com.