Game the System™ - The Basics of How and Why to Gamify your Training Programs
Speaker: Monica Cornetti
Wouldn't it be great to know how to introduce a gaming dimension to the business training you offer? What would it look like to include game elements such as points, levels, challenges, rewards, and leaderboards… to drive participation, engagement and long-term clients?
Play along on the Game the System™ game board as this hands-on session takes you through the 5-step process of gamifiying a training program.
At this meeting you’ll learn how to:
- Define your measurable business objectives and determine how Gamification will help you to achieve your objectives
- Weave analogies and stories to make the training stickable – so that players remember facts and transfer skills to real world scenarios
- Create the right mix of ingredients and next steps in your learning activities to allow the participants to acquire knowledge and skill
- Identify the game elements (points, badges, leaderboards, etc.) and game mechanics (chance, competition, collaboration, rewards, etc.) you will use
- Construct a consistent, attractive - even charming and captivating - cohesiveness that ties the entire project together
- Answer the question: Is it fun?
As the host of a weekly radio program on gamification as well as author of the book Totally Awesome Training Activity Guide: Put Gamification to Work for You, Monica Cornetti's niche is non-technical gamification techniques that can be used in the corporate training environment.
Monica’s client list includes Pepsico, The Kansas City Meeting Industry Council, The Association of Small Business Development Centers, Texas Tech, Shell Oil, Proctor & Gamble, The Nature Conservancy, Jostens, Hulcher, Youth Build USA, American Fidelity, FM Global, The Society for Human Resource Management, Infinisource, International Association of Administrative Professionals, Greater El Paso Credit Union, Severn Savings Bank, North TX Region SBDC, UW-Madison SBDC, Kentucky SBDC, Pacific Island SBDC, South Carolina SBDC, University of Houston SBDC, UHV SBDC, Ohio SBDC, MEED Center, Team Networking, and The National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship.
She is also the author of books on other topics, including her latest, What Were You Thinking?, and the acclaimed book, Your Face Isn't Finished Until Your Lipstick Is On: Rules of the Women's Success Game.
Dallas Baptist University
2805 N. Dallas Parkway, Suite 450
Plano, TX 75093
5:30 - 6:15 - Registration/Networking/Snacks
6:15 - 7:30 - Presentation
$10 increase in price for on-site registrations: $25 - Members $35- Non-Members, be sure to register early!
A big thank you to Dallas Baptist University for sponsoring the snacks at our April Meeting.