Linked In – What’s all the fuss about?
How can it help me if I’m not in a job search?
Hosted by by Mary Anne (Wihbey) Davis
Everyone knows that LinkedIn is a fabulous tool for job seekers, but what can it do for other professionals? People who are already settled into a training and development career?
Join us to find out why and how you should be using Linked In. We will share live demos and practical applications that can be used by any professional.
- Linked In is the world’s largest professional networking site, growing at a rate of 2 users per second.
- The Dallas ASTD Linked In Group has over 900 members, and the ASTD National Group has over 72,000 members.
Would you like to learn from others who have real world experience in your profession?
- Want to contact someone who has experience with Articulate or Captivate?
- Would like to find other trainers who live / work close to you? Perhaps invite them for coffee and brainstorming?
- Want to ask someone about how to migrate from classroom to web-based training?
- Have other questions related to your position in the training and development world?
Michele Newhouse, who has facilitated over 100
Linked In training sessions, will lead our discussions. Come and learn how to leverage Linked In for building mutually beneficial relationships with other training and development professionals!
Location: Peak Performance Solutions
15950 Dallas Parkway - Building Two
Dallas, TX 75248
Front desk: 972.361.8001
This is a glass building just South of Keller Springs Road on the East side of North Dallas Tollway.
Meeting space generously donated by Mary Anne (Wihbey) Davis of Peak Performance Solutions. www.PeakPerformanceSolutions.com
*Feel free to arrive at 11:30am to network and get settled prior to the meeting start.
Bring your own lunch or visit the Deli in the building if you want to pick up a lunch.
All members of Dallas ASTD are welcome to attend any SIG any time. All non-members please feel free to join us for up to 2 sessions at a SIG. After 2 sessions, to provide ongoing chapter support to the SIG, you will be expected to join Dallas ASTD by paying the annual dues of $115.
Questions? Contact 972.233.9107 ext. 221 or email email@example.com.