ATD Dallas October Career Development SIG
Hosted by Laurie Barnett
DATE: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Facilitator: Olivia Wilmsen
Conversational capacity is the ability of a person or team to engage in open, balanced, non-defensive dialogue about difficult subjects and in challenging circumstances. The goal is to find the “sweet spot” in any meeting or conversation where candor and curiosity are in balance.
The Conversational Capacity course with The Ken Blanchard Companies describes how to get to that “sweet spot”. ATD Dallas Chapter member and 2021 SWLS Co-chair & Emcee, Olivia Wilmsen, will share the high points of the course content during our October SIG session.
· Understand the 5 keys to reach the “sweet spot” of conversational capacity
2. Learning-focused mindset
3. Candor skills
4. Curiosity skills
5. Demonstrate high candor and curiosity
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
From TV journalist to corporate copywriter/project manager to education and training manager, Olivia has never met a stranger. She thrives in a role where she can put her 'people personality' in the spotlight — telling stories, managing projects, and leading and learning from teams. As the former Education & Training Manager at creative ad agency, The Marketing Arm (aka 'TMA'), Olivia has planned, strategized, designed and facilitated training for the Learning, Education & Development (LEAD) program.
Olivia hones her “Outgoing Olivia” people personality and continues to grow among talented, fun, hard-working people. She is a strong leader and teammate and is adamant about continuing to help any company shine a light on the people who cultivate company culture.
When: October 24, 2022 6:30 - 8PM
6:20 pm – Zoom opens
6:30 pm – Welcome & Announcements
6:45 pm – Program Begins
8:00 pm – Meeting Concludes
1. Use the Zoom app on your mobile phone, connected to a 4G network for the best possible experience. Or use a computer or tablet connected to WiFi, making sure you have a stable connection with good bandwidth for a streaming video/audio connection.
2. If you plan to use a computer for the video AND a phone for the audio, make sure you mute the audio features on one of your devices to avoid disruptive audio feedback/noise.
3. Come prepared to join in the discussion!
Come and network with your fellow ATD members and colleagues. We look forward to being together (in a remote way!)
Questions? Contact 972-233-9107 ext. 224 or email email@example.com.
*Note Regarding Special Interest Groups
- All members of ATD Dallas are welcome to attend our Special Interest Groups at any time.
- All non-members are welcome to join us for up to 2 SIG sessions. After those 2 sessions, to provide ongoing chapter support to the SIG, you will need to join ATD Dallas by paying annual dues.