ATD Dallas Management SIG
Hosted by: Melody Bertrand, Bob Britton and Glenn Smith
Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
Friday January 26, 2018 11:30am - 12:30pm
Facilitator: Larry Thompson, PhD
Come join us to learn about emotional intelligence and the impact on the leadership role. Topics include:
- Why positional authority does not equal leadership
- Why the status quo is our enemy
- Emoting stimulating conversation
- Energizing team dynamics through guided EI development
About the facilitator:
Dr. Larry Thompson serves as a catalyst for leadership growth and development. He has held leadership positions in several Fortune 500 companies as well as managing his own consulting company for over 10 years.
Working with all levels of leaders, he has conducted assessments, designed content, and delivered major leadership development programs. His in-depth awareness and focus in transformational leadership and executive coaching provides clients with the tools and strategies needed to move organizations forward.
Dr. Thompson currently serves as the Department Business Chair at Dallas Christian College. He continues to provide coaching services and build programs for leadership and people development.
- Bachelors in Management/Leadership: Dallas Christian College
- Masters in Professional Development/Management: Dallas Baptist University
- PhD in Leadership Studies: Our Lady of the Lake University
He is also a certified executive coach and trained in Covey’s 5-Choices.
- Emotional and Social Competency Inventory (ESCI)
- Inventory of Leadership Styles (ILS)
- Organizational Climate Survey (OCS)
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator
Texas Capital Bank
2350 Lakeside Blvd.
Richardson, TX 75068
When: 11:30 am – 12:30 pm
You are welcome to arrive as early as 11:15 to network and get settled prior to the start of the meeting. There is ample free parking in the garage.
All members of ATD Dallas are welcome to attend any SIG any time at no charge. Non-members are welcome to join us for up to 2 complimentary sessions. After that, to provide ongoing chapter support to the SIG, you will need to join ATD Dallas by paying annual dues of $115. Questions? Contact 972.233.9107 ext. 224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.