Did you know that 83% of U.S. gross domestic product comes from services or information which are created and delivered by people?
The challenge for leaders is revealed in a Gallup poll showing that only 26% of U.S. employees are fully engaged at any time. On the other end of the spectrum, 19% of employees are actively disengaged, meaning they intentionally act in ways that negatively impact their organizations. The annual cost nationwide to employ this actively disengaged group exceeds $300 billion.
Your people – and the performance they deliver – are the defining competitive advantage for your organization. And leaders are the bridge to the future! Leaders engage employees’ minds and hearts so they deliver unparalleled value for your organization.
Join us for a fast-paced, nugget-filled presentation by leadership expert and popular author of PASSIONATE PERFORMANCE: Engaging Minds and Hearts to Conquer the Competition. Lee J. Colan, Ph.D will share practical strategies for engaging your employees, including how to:
- Identify symptoms of disengagement.
- Eliminate barriers to your team’s success.
- Define boundaries within which employees have the autonomy to perform.
- Apply the learning pyramid to improve your team’s mastery in their areas of expertise.
- Create a compelling purpose for your team so they will be working toward something bigger than themselves.
- Implement team rituals that boost discretionary effort.
- Convert thoughts of appreciation into acts of appreciation so your team will be fully engaged for the challenges ahead.
Each attendee will received a singed copy of the book! Join us for this engaging presentation!
ATD Lunch & Learn SIG Has a New Location!
The ATD Lunch & Learn SIG has a new location!
Our new meeting space is hosted by Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas located at:
6001 Summerside Drive, Dallas, Texas 75252 (off of Preston between Campbell and Frankford).
A very special thank you to Donna Tharp, Adult Education Manager, for volunteering this lovely training facility!
6001 Summerside Drive
Dallas, Texas 75252
Location host: Donna Tharp, Adult Education Manager