SWLS 2017 Request for Speaker Proposals
Thank you for your interest in sharing your expert knowledge with the ATD Dallas Chapter members at the 17th Annual Southwest Learning Summit being held on Thursday, August 24, 2017.
The Southwest Learning Summit is the premiere one-day conference for talent development professionals in the greater Dallas/Ft.Worth region.
Proposals are due no later than March 31, 2017. The selection process will begin on April 3. Proposal submitters will be contacted with a decision in May. For those selected to present, your final presentation and participant materials will be expected by Monday, August 1 for review by the committee. Thank you again for your interest in presenting at the Southwest Learning Summit!
- Receive complimentary event registration (if selected)
- Gain visibility to industry professionals
- Share you knowledge with participants that enjoy learning
- Further your professional development
- Practice your speaking skills
- Network with peers
- Have a GREAT TIME!
Session proposals have the greatest chance of being selected if the session:
- Content is less than 60 minutes in length (including Q&A)
- Subject matter involves current topics with relevance to industry professionals
- Presentation engages the audience through interaction, case studies, or hands-on activities
- Presents "best practice" concepts that participants can adapt to their business needs
- Proposal submitted by consultants includes a local business partner for team presentation
The talent management track includes topics that apply a system approach for the following:
- Talent assessment: implementing individual and organizational assessments that support the facilitation of the career development planning process and succession planning efforts.
- Leadership development: educating, growing, and enriching the skills, mindsets and knowledge of existing and emerging leaders.
- Coaching: applying a systematic approach to improving others’ ability to set goals, take action and maximize strengths.
- Talent mobility: facilitating career transitions that support engagement and retention efforts.
The organizational development track includes topics that apply a system approach for the following:
- Performance improvement: analyzing human performance gaps, and closing them.
- Change management: shifting individuals, teams, and organizations from a current state to a desired state.
- Diversity and inclusion: creating a workplace environment and organizational culture with practices that encourage growth and development, learning from others and capturing the advantage of diverse perspectives.
The innovative learning solutions track includes:
- Learning technology: applying new technology or using technology in an innovative way to address specific learning needs.
- Design and delivery: designing and delivering formal and informal blended learning solutions using a variety of methods so the training is both engaging and effective.
- Knowledge management: capturing, distributing, and archiving intellectual capital to encourage knowledge-sharing and collaboration.
The managing learning programs and teams track includes:
- Strategic planning: defining an organizational strategy, making decisions on allocating resources to pursue this strategy, and guiding the implementation of the strategy. Can focus on how talent strategy aligns with and/or enables organizational strategy.
- Evaluating learning impact: using metrics and analytics to measure the value of workplace learning and talent development solutions to the organization.
Proposals are due no later than March 31, 2017. To submit an RFP, please fill out the form below. If you are interested in speaking on a panel, please email email@example.com and provide the following:
- Contact information
- Area of Expertise/ Potential track topic
- Years of TD Experience
If you have questions about this request for proposals, or about the Southwest Learning Summit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATD Dallas Leadership Team & SWLS Committee