Company: American Heart Association
Salary Range: $75-80K
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact every day?
Imagine all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely.
This is satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people's lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. We are where you can connect people to making a lifesaving impact. We are where you can partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. The American Heart Association is where you can make an extraordinary impact.
If you are passionate about learning and development, The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for you! The Learning & Development Trainer in our National Center office located in Dallas, TX will be responsible for creating and facilitating learning.
You are the right person for the job if you have a passion for helping others succeed and successful work experience as a facilitator and instructional designer. Preferable for candidate to be local however, would consider remote candidates.
Essential Job Duties:
- The role is 50% facilitation and 50% instructional design and development.
- Design, develop and deliver blended learning solutions based on business needs.
- Experience designing and delivering learning solutions around leadership and management skills.
- Self-starter who is well organized and can lead instructional design projects from start to finish.
- Facilitate in-person, virtually and with a co-facilitator.
- Team player who effectively collaborates with subject matter experts, vendors, leadership and colleagues to develop and deliver learning solutions.
- Follow standard methodologies in the areas of instructional design and adult learning.
- Take an enthusiastic approach to sharing and implementing innovative ideas in the field of learning and development.
- Communicate effectively with leadership and subject matter experts to conduct needs analysis and consult on learning and development standard methodologies.
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- BA/BS degree in Instructional Technology, Instructional Design, Training and Development, Adult Education or related degree or comparable experience.
- 5+ yrs. of professional experience in instructional design and facilitation.
- Experience facilitating for large or small groups and for individual contributors, managers and executives.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully design, develop and deliver learning solutions utilizing skills in instructional design, facilitation and learning technologies.
- Experience with creating and facilitating experiential learning activities.
- Led learning and development projects from start to finish.
- Built, maintain and facilitate a learning schedule.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Ability to travel as requested.
- Supervisory experience or experience facilitating to an audience of supervisors.
- Training Certifications from companies in the areas of behavioral interviewing, coaching, emotional intelligence, conflict resolution and presentation skills.
- Experience with onboarding/orientation, performance management and coaching.
- Experience with measurement and evaluations to obtain ROL (return on learning).
- Proficient in Adobe Connect or equivalent.
- Experience in a fundraising environment is a plus.
Click here to apply!