Company: City of Garland
Develop and champion learning, development and engagement initiatives reflective of current and changing organizational needs. Responsible for working with City stakeholders and partners to identify, develop, and implement strategies to ensure the City’s workforce is positioned to to meets the needs of our changing organization and community. Note: All candidates should be prepared to formally present and provide project examples as a part of the selection process.
Essential Job Functions
1.Identify, develop and implement training and development options for City staff
2.Develop leadership and other core programs to improve business acumen and supervisory skill sets
3.Serve as the primary administrator of the City’s Learning Management System ensuring that content is maintained and relevant
4.Build relationships with education and development partners in support of learning initiatives
5.Develop, deliver and evaluate learning programs via instructor-led or on-line platforms
1.Develop and guide organization-wide initiatives in the areas of succession planning, talent review and development programs for high-potential employees
2.Provide MBTI or similar assessments focused on leadership development, team building, etc.
3.Identify partners for executive coaching and support for newly promoted or other identified leaders
1.Develop key performance indicators related to organizational culture through employee surveys, focus groups or other avenues
2.Guide employee efforts and events focused on engagement and workplace culture
3.Develop targeted campaigns to engage employees through resource groups, activities, etc.
Preferred Knowledge, Abilities & Skills
- Master’s degree in business administration, organizational development, human resource management, or related business discipline
- 7-10 years of experience in learning and development i.e., leading organization(s) through changes such as cultural transformation; considerable knowledge of learning and development methodologies and application to all employee levels.
- 2-4 years of professional experience in developing and implementing employee engagement initiatives
- Certified Professional in Learning & Performance (CPLP) or Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) Training or certification in MBTI or similar behavioral assessment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to leverage prior experience and adapt quickly to the changing work environment
- Excellent facilitation, project management, writing, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated competence in organizational change, strategies, analysis and professional relationship building
- Dynamic skills in public speaking and ability to effectively present and be seen as a credible partner to key stakeholders
- Advanced software skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Word
- Advanced skills with online learning management systems and course creation software
- Capable and agile to understand and create continuous learning at all levels
- Proven project management skills with the ability to deliver results on-time and on-budget with minimal supervision
Minimum Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, organizational development, human resource management, or related business discipline
- 5 or more years of progressive experience in learning and development, including developing content based on core adult learning theory and methodology
- Direct experience with content development via instructor-led and eLearning platforms
- 2 or more years of professional experience in employee engagement and workplace culture initiatives
- 2 or more years of managerial experience
- Expert-level proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
Or equivalent professional experience may be considered for substitution for the required degree on an exception basis
Licenses & Certifications
Valid Class C Texas Driver’s License
Certified Professional in Learning & Performance (CPLP) or Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) preferred
Click here to apply for this position.