Company: UNT Human Resources Department
The Human Resources Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire an Organizational Development Consultant to join our team. This position reports directly to the Director of Organizational Development and Engagement and is responsible for providing responsive, strategic, transparent human resources consulting services to management in the areas of organizational development, change management, employee engagement, training and development strategies, and efforts related to improving the work environment and developing high-performing teams. This position is in the UNT System with primary responsibility to support the mission and goals of the Human Resources Department of Organizational Development and Engagement.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Contribute to the business strategy by advising leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational and workforce capabilities.
* Proactively partner with departments collaborating on operational and strategic initiatives, advises and counsels on best approaches, practices and generates options for achieving desired results.
* Provides appropriate and effective advice and coaching to employees and managers as needed.
* Actively partner with managers and staff to address a variety of workplace issues in a strategic way that provides tangible value and identifies opportunities.
* Evaluate organizational culture and provide recommendations on changes to accomplish organizational goals and objectives
* Promote a strong leadership and coaching culture. Assist department leaders and managers to provide employees with development opportunities and ensure that they are able to meet current and future performance standards.
* Pursue solutions that balance individual, organization and constituent needs and guides parties towards those views and options.
* Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR team to help leader make informed decisions to support the organization and individual business units.
* Lead change processes to create a culture of productivity and engagement.
* Create and deliver effective human resources programs, learning and development opportunities, initiatives, and offerings to a wide range of audiences.
* Seek efficiencies and recommend improvements in processes and systems.
* Utilizes employee engagement data in developing organizational development strategies.
* Serves the needs of the department through other projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
* Bachelor degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related field; at least five years' direct/related consulting and training experience
* Experience creating, facilitating, assessing, and/or evaluating a professional development training
* Experience applying talent management, change management, organizational design, and workforce planning principles in large, complex organizations
* Ability to assess organizational culture and create and implement appropriate interventions; collaborative approach to work and ability to influence cross-functionally through a consultative methodology
* Knowledge of adult learning theory and evidence of using it to develop innovative learning solutions across a range of organizational levels
* Proven ability to establish rapport and credibility with a wide range of constituencies in a culturally diverse environment and to partner with others to assure high quality outcomes
* Ability to organize and complete multiple projects, measure results, and serve diverse clients; and ability to analyze and leverage data to influence decision-making experience developing learning programs that incorporate principles of instructional design and adult learning theory; strong presentation, meeting design, instructional design, and facilitation skills
* Ability to develop diverse learning solutions that provide high impact and sustained learning
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply at: https://jobs.unt.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=66219