Company: Infinitude Creative Group
Leverage learning theory and instructional design principles to develop compelling, creative learning solutions for our clients and partners, including synchronous and asynchronous programs. From conducting needs assessments and analyzing source documentation to designing objective-driven learning programs, you will utilize your expertise to assist clients in achieving high performance from their learners.
●Meet with clients, understand their business requirements, and conduct needs assessments and learner analysis.
●Design instructionally sound learning solutions leveraging the latest thinking in learning theory and neuroscience, including but not limited to instructor-led training, virtual instructor-led training, eLearning, and blended learning programs.
●Work with stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), the ICG production team, and client manager to achieve alignment on learning design and keep the design within scope for budget and timeline.
●Communicate regularly with client managers on project progress and potential risks.
●Analyze source materials, map content to learning objectives, and identify gaps in source content.
●Synthesize content from a variety of sources and work with SMEs to refine source content and fill in content gaps, including writing new content with SME guidance, if necessary, and adhering to intellectual property and copyright laws as required.
●Create content documents, storyboards, and scripts for self-paced learning to serve as clear and descriptive communication between the SMEs, stakeholders, and the production team.
●Collaborate with the production team to develop materials for instructor-led training, including presentations, facilitation guides, participant guides, and other supporting materials.
●Work with SMEs and stakeholders throughout the review process to ensure content accuracy, functional correctness, and quality of deliverables and communicate revisions back to the production team.
●Work with client manager at the conclusion of projects to determine lessons learned, process improvements, and work samples to be used for future business marketing.
●Develop templates, processes, and other resources for the learning project development life cycle for internal use and contribute to internal process improvement projects.
●Manage team of freelance learning designers as needed.
Beyond what the job responsibilities are. What is the primary contribution to the organization?
The primary objective of the learning designer is to understand the business goals of the client and the background and capabilities of the learner and then apply learning principles and instructional design theory to designing, in partnership with the Production team, innovative solutions that build capability in the learner to achieve the client’s business goals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Competencies)
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and principles of cognitive science.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to define clear program objectives and with SMEs to source content.
- Ability to take complex concepts and transform them into engaging learning activities that are relevant to the learner.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information in a variety of formats and from a variety of sources.
- Ability to clearly communicate.
- Ability to recommend the appropriate learning modality for the learner, subject matter, environment, and project budget and timeline.
- Ability to operate independently and adapt to changing direction.
- Proficiency in using software for rapid storyboarding development (such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Keynote).
- Proficiency in using spreadsheet software for project communication (such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets).
- Proficiency in using collaborative documents, such as Google docs for collaborative document development and review.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word reviewing tools.
●Demonstrate awareness of regulations related to copyright, intellectual property, and corporate and client information security.
●Demonstrate planning, organization, and time management skills.
●Value quality and attention to detail.
●Demonstrate openness to new ideas and flexibility to work through challenging issues or unplanned changes.
●Collaborate with team members with diverse sets of skills.
●Demonstrate passion for learning, technology, and innovation.
●Take initiative to solve problems and advance the business.
●Demonstrate dedication and accountability.
Education and Experience
●Bachelor’s Degree in instructional design, learning technologies, behavioral psychology, cognitive science or related field
●5+ years of experience in Instructional Design within a business context
Send your resume to Jeremy Roberts