Company: Denton County
General Statement of Job
The Training and Development Manager designs, develops, customizes, schedules and presents both on-site and e-learning training to Denton County employees. Training sessions are determined by department needs and requests. Topics include leadership development, performance evaluations, documentation, policy adherence, legal issues, supervision, and employee development.
- Teaches existing training modules to employees; assesses and tests employees on their gained knowledge.
- Conducts weekly new employee orientation, Defensive Driving, and other safety training courses, as needed.
- Develops new on-site and e-learning training as needed or requested, including creating the materials for new training classes or courses.
- Researches changing laws and trends and modifies or revises existing training programs as necessary, based on the need for new material or change in policy.
- Selects and purchases training resources, including all materials, videos, and speakers. Prepares training budget and evaluates cost and performance.
- Directs leadership program for county supervisors.
- Conducts needs-assessments to determine the type and amount of training needed to ensure continued development of employee’s skills and competency.
- Schedules, announces, and conducts registration for training classes.
- Administers the tuition reimbursement program for employees. Verifies accurate completion of reimbursement request forms and assists employees with questions regarding the policy.
- Manages and maintains instructional equipment, training materials and the HR training library including adding resources and checking out material to employees.
- Offers employees and supervisors counseling and resolution strategies on workplace issues, assists with Re-classifications, and other HR projects and events.
Education, Experience, and Licenses
- Bachelor's degree in related field and a minimum three years of experience in a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
- Certification in the following preferred: Teaching and Adult Education, National Safety Council Defensive Driving Course Instructor, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Facilitator, and Myers Briggs MBTI.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license required. Must be able to obtain a State of Texas driver’s license within 90 days.
- Two medical plans options, PPO medical plan or High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- Denton County pays approximately 85% of premium
- Denton County contributes HSA seed money ($500 employee only or $1,000 employee + dependent)
- Wellness award -$300 for employee or $600 for employee and covered spouse
TCDRS retirement contribution match of 7% of employee’s salary, at a rate of every $1 the employee contributes, the County puts in $2.25
- 100% vested after 8 years
Paid time off
- 12 paid Holidays
- Vacation Pay - 10 days (after 6 month waiting period)
- Personal Leave – 2 days a year
- Sick Leave – 12 days
- Comp Time - Any time worked over 80 hours in a pay period employee will earn comp time for those hours
- Master Degree -$100 a month- Begins April 1st /October 1st after 6 months of employment
- Bilingual Pay- -$50 a month (Upon supervisor’s approval)
Longevity Pay - $5 a month for each year of service (eligible after 1 year)
Life Insurance – Two company paid life insurance policies
- TCDRS – One times your Salary
- Dearborn - $50,000 policy
In addition to these benefits Denton County also offers dental and vision coverage, optional Life Insurance, dependent and health FSA, tuition reimbursement, bereavement leave, employee assistance program, deferred compensation program, and long-term disability.
Apply at www.dentoncounty.com/jobs