Company: Holmes Murphy & Associates
Do you think you have what it takes communicate and implement organizational development and learning opportunities needed to support specific line of business strategies and operational plans? Would you like to join a company with a flexible environment, a competitive benefits and salary package, and where celebrating successes is just part of the everyday culture? We have to admit, who wouldn’t want that?!
At Holmes Murphy, our employees play to their strengths and contribute to who we are and want to be. We like to think of ourselves as pretty irresistible. If that intrigues you and you think you have what it takes to join our team as a Learning & Development Consultant within our Employee Benefits division, read on! Candidate can be located in either our Dallas or Des Moines office.
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Partner closely with business leaders to analyze organizational gaps, propose and develop solutions, and communicate and implement organization development and learning opportunities needed to support line of business strategies and operational plans.
- Consult with management to gain knowledge of specific work situations requiring employees to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, and technologies. Partner with others in the organization and act as the project lead on functional projects. Influence partners to achieve buy-in on proposed solutions.
- Design training curricula and/or non-training solutions for identified performance gaps. Assist in the creation of teaching outlines and determine instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops. Contribute to positive outcomes for the client and demonstrate how solutions meet business needs.
- Serve as a coach to managers to assist them in addressing performance issues. Develop and maintain win-win relationships throughout the organization. Use performance models and data collection methods to perform needs and cause analyses to determine performance gaps within the organization.
- Conduct training sessions covering specified areas as defined by business needs. Able to coach a department subject matter expert on the skills needed to deliver implementation of performance solutions.
- Select or develop testing and evaluation procedures to measure results. Coordinate measurement of progress and evaluate effectiveness of performance solutions. Report on progress of employees under guidance during training periods. Assess changes in learning and behavior at regular intervals following training, as needed.
- Work with external vendors to develop, deliver and evaluate performance supporting solutions, making sure our needs are documented and met by the vendor.
- Perform special projects as identified by the needs of the business and your respective leader.
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills and abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to, having:
- Ability to fully understand HMA business and workflow, and how technology training will impact the user.
- Ability to lead major project initiatives.
- Proven ability to disseminate information. Needs knowledge of a variety of different types of learners, in a variety of settings.
- Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to learn and utilize advance technology associated with job functions.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and using independent judgment.
- Ability to communicate well with persons at all levels of authority in writing or verbally.
- Ability to project a professional tone of voice and demeanor at all times.
- Ability to travel to other office locations.
- Ability to be available for work on a daily basis for a minimum of 7.75 hours per day and for additional hours as necessary to perform duties.
- Ability to lift minimum of 25 lbs.
- Ability and willingness to pursue industry related education.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- A college degree is preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience in employee benefits industry is required.
- At least 5 years’ experience in learning and development field is required.
- A working knowledge of various computer software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access is a must.
Finally, ask yourself this, “Am I a difference maker?” If you answered yes and you think you have what it takes to be a Learning & Development Consultant, apply today!
Click here to apply on our website!