Company: Service King Collision Repair Centers
At Service King, our vision is not just to repair cars, but rather, inspire our team! We believe that building a strong foundation is the pillar of our success; focusing on, INTEGRITY, FAMILY, SERVICE, QUALITY AND GROWTH! We are currently operating more than 300 locations nationwide and continue to grow. Whether you are a body technician, military veteran or a college graduate looking to start your career, Service King is the place for you!
OPPORTUNITY AWAITS YOU!
Instructional Designer is responsible for various tasks related to training and development functions. The Instructional Designer leads designs and develops training and instructional materials for internal teammates and stakeholders on a variety of topics. This position will ensure the instructional integrity of each training deliverable through measuring training effectiveness. The Instructional Designer must possess strong project management skills, be able to handle multiple tasks and assist the management team to ensure the strategy and directional goals of the company are achieved.
- Work closely with stakeholders and other Teammates to analyze their needs and develop customized training solutions.
- Manage the instructional design and performance improvement processes from needs analysis through evaluation
- Collaborate with ID Manager, Director of Organizational Development and other Talent Development leaders to actively search, creatively design and implement effective methods to educate, and enhance teammate performance through training programs
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and various levels of management to analyze learning needs as well as identify any deficiencies in knowledge, skills, attitudes, or competencies required to perform job related tasks effectively
- Apply adult learning theory to produce interactive and relevant learning solutions that enhance teammate performance and are consistent with internal standards and best practices
- Assist to develop evaluation processes that will evaluate quality and effectiveness of learning programs and curriculum to implement and transform content for increased proficiency
- Design and develop internally branded, instructionally sound e-learning modules, training videos, instructor-led courses, user guides, job aids and other training resources
- Create content that meets clearly defined objectives and competency requirements
- Develop content outlines, scripts, detailed prototypes and storyboards for training modules
- Demonstrate mastery of best practices in e-learning design and development, including development software, SCORM conformance, awareness of Section 508 compliance, and course integration with LMS
- Work cross-functionally with facilitators to apply a variety of learning techniques to determine appropriate media for coursework
- Project Management skills – Organizes and prioritizes work, manages multiple tasks and projects, and functions effectively as a self-directed leader of multiple initiatives
Functional Job Competencies:
Job Competencies are an additional component to defining a job that addresses how we do things. Just as every job requires specific job skills and job knowledge that are unique to the job; different jobs require specific job competencies that you must have in order to do the job successfully.
- Written Communications: Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Organizing: Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, and support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Technical Learning: Notices technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Creativity: Comes up with many new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Innovation Management: Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market; has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
- Collaboration: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Ensures Accountability: Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Cultivates Innovation: Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Action Oriented: Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Drives Vision and Purpose: Paints a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to actions
- Drives Engagement: Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Balance Stakeholders: Anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Develops Talent: Develops people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals
- Business Insights: Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals
- Bachelor’s degree in education preferred; instructional design or related field preferred
- A minimum of 5 years proven experience in instructional design; experience designing blended learning solutions with equal expertise in designing instructor led, virtual and eLearning courses
- Demonstrated knowledge of eLearning tools and software (Adobe Creative Cloud Apps: Premier, Animate, Audition, etc…, Adobe Captivate, Storyline 2 or 360)
- Expertise with Microsoft Office required
- Ability to work individually with subject matter experts to design and develop appropriate learning content with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail in producing, writing and proofing all coursework materials to ensure consistency in form, format, and function
- Experience using Learning Management Systems (Cornerstone, preferred but not required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated exceptional effective and active listening skills
- Professional, Confident, Enthusiastic and Detail Oriented
- Demonstrated excellent administrative, interpersonal and forward-thinking organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate and maintain follow-up on a number of projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize changing workloads
- Demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment and be resourceful
- Outstanding troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of SCORM and Section 508 compliance
- Some travel may be required
Service King’s Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance & Vision Care
- Paid Holidays, Vacation & Sick Days
- Weekly Pay
- Highly competitive 401(k) benefits
Join our ONE winning team – APPLY TODAY!
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send all resumes to Lakeitria.Luter@ServiceKing.com or contact me at 972-960-7595 ext. 82075